Who Should Apply?
Madrona provides an academic and social experience suitable for many children. Our student body is incredibly diverse in traits and abilities. They do, however, have some of the following characteristics in common:
- They are between four and fourteen years old
- Many of our children are bright, often extraordinarily so
Although we specialize in the unique needs of gifted children, our approach suits many different types of learners. Children who enjoy advanced material and are comfortable with a faster pace of instruction in at least some subjects usually do well at Madrona. Students who come to Madrona might also be:
- Excelling in their current environment and ready for the next challenge
- In need of a re-kindling of enthusiasm following school experiences that were not the right fit
- Particularly sensitive, perfectionistic, or quirky
- Dealing with learning disabilities in one or more areas
We value balance and diversity in our student body. If you are considering Madrona for your child, we’d love to hear from you and discuss your unique situation.