How to Apply
We are accepting applications for the 2019/2020 school year. Please follow the steps below to complete your application.
1. Explore the website
2. Find out more about Madrona:
Looking for more information before applying? Please submit an inquiry form to our Admissions team.
3. Submit an Application (Please note there is a non-refundable application fee of $350)
The second step of our admissions process is an interview between parents or guardians and our Admissions Team. This initial meeting is a great way to provide the school with a detailed picture of who your child is socially, emotionally, and academically. It’s also a great chance to ask questions about Madrona and see how your child might fit in to the school community.
Interviews are typically 1 hour long and include a tour of the campus. Parents or guardians are required to bring the following documents to the interview:
- A copy of any past psychoeducational assessments
- Copies of any relevant reporting from Occupational Therapists, Behaviour Interventionists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, or educators
- Copies of past and current Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Copies of your child’s past two report cards
- Detailed student class work or at-home projects (optional)
Interviews will be scheduled based on the point of entry you wish to enroll at. Please note that interviews do not guarantee a spot within Madrona.
5. Student Visit Days
Student visits are an integral part of the admissions process. Shortlisted families will be contacted for a visit day. Student visits are a way for Madrona and the student to see what a typical day would be involve. K to Grade 3 Applicants are required to do an initial half-day visit and then, if successful, a subsequent full-day visit. Grade 4 and above students are required to do a full-day visit and may be asked to come in for a second or third visit if the school deems necessary.
Please note that student visit days do not guarantee a spot within Madrona.
6. Receive Notification of Decision
Every family will be notified of our decision of enrollment. Response time may vary depending on grade applied for and spaces available. Families will be contacted by phone with an offer of enrollment or contacted by email to indicate they are on the waitlist or are not being considered at this time.
To accept an offer and secure placement, parents are asked to submit our Enrollment Contract and a deposit toward the 2019-2020 tuition.